Below Zero Temps, Think We Can Handle It ????
Let's face it, we've just about had enough of winter....Snow, bitter cold, and how about today, 5 below zero. Not the way I want to start my day. But guess what it could be worse.
Now if your one of those people who loves to ask others "is it cold enough for you", don't be surprised if someone responds by saying "no". Yea it's gonna be frigid around here for the next few days with wind chills making it feel like it's 10-15 below zero, but that's nothing. It has been colder, way colder.
Check out some of these all time lows for our region and the entire U.S.
- Connecticut –32 Jan. 22, 1961 Coventry
- New York –52 Feb. 18, 1979 Old Forge
- Massachusetts –35 Jan. 12, 1981 Chester
- New Jersey –34 Jan. 5, 1904 River Vale
Now check out these record lows from around the U.S.
- Colorado –61 Feb. 1, 1985 Maybell
- Maine –50 Jan. 16, 2009 Big Black River
- Minnesota –60 Feb. 2, 1996 Tower
- Montana –70 Jan. 20, 1954 Rogers Pass
- Alaska –80 Jan. 23, 1971 Prospect Creek Camp
So as the temp's drop and more people start complaining about the cold, make sure you tell them to go read "Mr. Morning's" blog, after all we live in the Northeast, can we handle it...."Yes We Can"....