Best Berry Pickin’ Spots in Connecticut
Who doesn't love strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries especially when they're picked fresh right off the vine?
Thanks to CTBites.com, here are some Connecticut locations where you can pick your own berries. Keep in mind the best time to go is a sunny Tuesday through Friday preferably when there's been some recent rain.
Strawberry picking season in Connecticut goes from early June through early July. Blueberry and raspberry picking season goes from July through mid-August.
1. Jones Family Farms - Located at 606 Walnut Hill Tree road in Shelton, they're open Friday through Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM. They feature cooking classes and winery classes. For info about picking conditions, call 203-929-8425.
2. Silverman's Farm - Located at 451 Sport Hill Road in Easton, you may even find live music near the orchards at Silvermans' depending when you drop by. For berry picking days and times, call 203-261-3306.
3. White Silo Farm and Winery - Located at 32 Rt.39 in Sherman, not only do they grow their own grapes and berries, but they make their own wine on the premises. Call 860-355-0271 for wine tasting and berry pickin' times.
4. Ellsworth Hill Orchard and Berry Farm - Located at 461 Cornwall Rd. Rte.4 in Sharon, Ellsworth grows delicious strawberries, raspberries, cherries, and blueberries. Call 860-364-0025 for their berry pickin' schedule.
5. Evergreen Berry Farm - Located at 435 Bassett Road in Watertown, Evergreen grows mouth watering blueberries, black raspberries, red raspberries, and black berries. Call 860-274-0825 for their berry pickin' dates. They're also hiring for summer crew jobs.
Berry picking is a great activity to share with the entire family. Don't forget to call the farm first to make sure they're open for the season.