Cost Estimates From Greater Danbury Storm Damage at LEAST $18 Million
While residents continue to clean up after the storm, officials have been busy organizing efforts to rebuild what was destroyed.
As the first cost estimates are being reported, I guess we are all well aware that the numbers are sure to go higher and higher. It looks like Mother Nature cost Fairfield county a lot of money since the macroburst that slammed through the area.
Newstimes.com reports that so far, tallies are upwards of $18 million. In order to qualify for federal relief funds, the county had to exceed $3.4 million and the state $5.2 million. Looks like we got that covered. I guess we can look at this as a fortunately/unfortunaley situation.
The violent wind which reached 110 miles per hour during the storm has left a time stamp on those of us who witnessed its fury. It claimed two lives, caused extensive damage and left residents without power for extended periods of time.
Read more local stories:
- Win UpTo $5K or See Dierks Bentley in Los Angeles
- [TIMELINE] 5 Tornadoes, 3 Macrobursts Now Confirmed
- Community Rallies Around Family of Teacher Killed in New Fairfield
- Win a Rascal Flatts VIP Experience in Connecticut
- Danbury Teen Injured in Storm Receiving Lots of Local Love
Bonus: How to Win the Country Cash Up to $5K
Bonus: How to Win the Rascal Flatts VIP in CT Experience