Medical Examiner: Father of Three Was Murdered in Connecticut
The death of a father of three children who was killed in front of his Connecticut home last week has been ruled a homicide by the state Medical Examiner.
According to Norwichbulletin.com, State Police were dispatched to 1 Bay Street in Sprague, CT just before midnight last Thursday evening (December 14) . Once they got there, tropers say they discovered 31-year-old Steven Devost suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was then brought to Backus Hostpital where he was pronounced dead.
An investigation continues by detectives from the Eastern District Major Crime Squad. Norwichbulletin.com also adds that Devost was sentenced to five years in prison after being convicted of felony second degree assault in October of 2015. His sentence was suspended, however, and he was given three years probation.
The Connecticut State Police are asking anyone with any information about the shooting to please call detectives at Troop E at (860) 896-3230. You can also text TIP711 with any information to 274637. Any information will be held strictly confidential.
- Boarded Up Bennigan's in Danbury Still An Eyesore After 10 Years
- Who Is the Absolute Best Bartender in All of Connecticut?
- Highly Contagious Stomach Big Sweeping Through Our Area
- Generous Danbury Business to Grant Newtown Girl's Only Christmas Wish
- Hometown Risers: Which Local Country Artist Should Win? [VOTE]
Thanks for Giving Greater Danbury Kids a Christmas They Deserve