Downed Trees + Heavy Winds Cause Many Power Outages in Greater Danbury
Even though the snow totals have not been as bad as many weather outlets predicted, today (March 2) has been anything but a pleasant beach day.
In many areas of Greater Danbury, heavy winds of up to 55 miles per hour have been reported, and downed trees and power lines have caused road closures and power outages.
According to Eversource, the areas of Danbury, New Fairfield, and Ridgefield have taken the brunt of things. As of 5:20 PM, Ridgefield has 1,738 homes without power, New Fairfield 1,105 Eversource customers without power, and there are 1,767 residences in Danbury sitting in the dark.
For a map and details about about the current outages throughout the rest of Connecticut, visit Eversource here.
Read More Local Stories:
- New Milford Police: High School Student Arrested After Weapon Claims
- Police: New Milford Student Arrested After Fires Set in High School
- 5 Things Everyone From Danbury Already Knows
- The 10 Commandments for Driving on I-684
- Looking Back at the History of Some of CT's Monumental Storms
Are You Smarter Than a Danbury Girl Scout? Find Out:
"Mama Morning" Explains How to Listen to KICKS 105.5 on Alexa: