Future Hangs in the Balance for Connecticut Outlet Mall
So close, yet oh, so far.
I was so happy when I wrote on Oct. 12 about this new Outlet Mall coming to Connecticut.
In an unfortunate turn of events, here's the lowdown just a month after I wrote that, and after the ground breaking ceremony at the site took place.
Sadly, my joy, as well as the joy of others, is dashed for the time being. According to courant.com even though more then fifty percent of the not yet built space was already leased, work has been stopped at the site of the planned outlet center at Rentschler Field in East Hartford.
The story says that Horizon Group Properties shut down work because their lender reduced their construction loan by $10,000,000 and those financing issues were enough to mark the end of the beginning.
East Hartford Mayor Marcia Leclerc had this to say to the Hartford Courant:
It’s certainly discouraging, but I’m glad it’s happening now and not halfway through the project
Like a marriage that seems destined to fail, better to call it off then have it end in a costly divorce.
Read More Stories:
- Cars Stolen in Newtown Lead to Arrest of Two Local Teens
- Fatal Crash Update: Brookfield PD Provides Description of Vehicle
- Danbury Police: Missing Woman's Car Found at Diner in Patterson
- Danbury Police + Dept. of Labor Close Three Area Businesses
- Danbury Residents to Show Appreciation at Veteran's Day Ceremony
How to Get Your Hands on Mr. Morning's Money: