Greater Danbury Restaurants Named Connecticut’s Best in 12 Categories
Connecticut Magazine's Best Restaurants 2018 edition is out, and many of greater Danbury's eateries took center stage.
As they do every year, Connecticut Magazine turns us on to some of the best restaurants in all of Connecticut in every cuisine category. Two different groups of foodies let us know who they think are the best of the best. Those two groups are, The Experts' Pick and the Reader's Choice.
I'm thrilled to tell you that in the Reader's Choice category, the Readers from Connecticut Magazine named the following Newtown restaurants as their #1.
- Best New Restaurant - Red Rooster Pub
- Best Sushi, and Japanese - Toro
- Best Chinese - Toro and New Wok
- Best Thai - Thai Delight
- Best Ice Cream - Ferris Acres Creamery
Go, Newtown! For all of the best restaurants in Connecticut chosen by the readers of CT Magazine, click this link. The following are some of the highlights in the 'Expert Picks' category.
- Best Food Trucks - Eggz (Bethel), Green Grunnion (Danbury), and Rice n' Beans (Danbury)
- Best Indian - Coromandel Cuisine (Newtown)
- Best Asian/Sushi - Ki Asian Bistro (Danbury) and Toro (Newtown)
- Best Italian - La Zingara (Bethel)
- Best Latin - Papaya Mexican Grill (Danbury)
- Best Barbecue - The Cue (Danbury) and Hoodoo Brown (Ridgefield)
- Best Steakhouse - Barberie's Black Angus Grill (Danbury)
Congratulations to all of the Greater Danbury area restaurants who were deservedly chosen as the #1 eatery in their cuisine category in Connecticut Magazine's Best Restaurants 2018: Experts' Picks. For all the best restaurants that were named, click on this link.
Read More Stories:
- Danbury Police: 3 Arrested in Association With String of Armed Robberies
- Connecticut's Photos of the First Big Snowstorm of 2018
- Things You Can Get Away With During a Snowstorm That Are Otherwise Frowned Upon
- Vacationing CT Family Comes Home to a Frozen House
- Danbury's Role in the 'Separation of Church and State'
Bonus Video: 7 Things to Do on a Snow Day:
The Snow's Here, Are Your Bracing or Hunkering? Here's What New Milford Does: