How to Avoid Having Your Name Appear in the Police Blotter This Weekend
You want to have fun AND avoid cuffs this weekend? Here are my tips for surviving St. Patrick's Day on a Friday in CT:
- Take the Uber - With so many ride options available there's no excuse for not getting a ride.
- Have a spotter - For the guys, you want to have a buddy who keeps you OUT of fights at all cost. For the ladies, you need your spotter to keep you from peeing in the street (I've seen a lot of ladies pee in the street on St. Paddy's Day for some reason).
- Start early finish early - If you start at 10 am and you wanna go home at 6 pm that is a reasonable feeling. Trust your gut and go home. Despite what your buddies say, you won't miss anything. Well, maybe you will miss one of them in a drunken make-out session right before last call.
- When the bouncer tells you to leave you beer inside, listen to them. This is not your time to challenge your state's laws about carrying alcohol outside the bar. I have tried having this debate after 10 pints, you will lose.
- Don't assume what you saw or hear is what you saw or heard. Meaning a lot of fights today start with a misunderstanding. Chances are, what you think you heard or saw is not real, because you had 1,000 beers.
If you want to ignore these tips, by all means go ahead, but I speak from experience.