Police: Danbury Man Smashes Police Cruiser + Others on I-684
A Danbury man is facing some serious charges after allegedly crashing into several cars including a New York State Police car Friday morning (April 27).
Police say that at about 10:00 AM on April 27, 2018, 29-year-old Christopher Hillman of Danbury, CT was driving a 2005 Peterbuilt Tractor Trailer in the northbound middle lane of Interstate 684 in Bedford, New York. He allegedly struck a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta, which was travelling directly in front of him and then crashed into a Patrol car that was pulled over on the right shoulder for a vehicle and traffic stop. Hillman then reportedly continued on, demolishing the police crusier and hitting the guard rail, and finally hitting a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado.
Hillman was arrested and a cash bail of $1,000 ($10,000 bond) was set. However, he alternatively is being held at Westchester Country jail. He is due in court on 5/2/18 at 7:00pm. Hillman faces several vehicle and traffic violations along with the following charges:
- Operating a Motor Vehicle While Impaired by Drugs
- 2nd degree Reckless Endangerment
- 7th degree Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance
Read More Local Stories:
- Brookfield Police Ask for your Help in Identifying Woman
- 5 Things That Should Replace the Danbury Toys 'R' Us
- Who Knew CT Saw So Many UFOs? 13 in 2018 Alone
- Mystery Virus Hits Western Connecticut State University
The Triumphant Return of the Bank Street Book Nook in New Milford:
How to Turn On KICKS 105.5 Mobile App Alerts: