Brookfield Day Boasts Family Fun With Scavenger Hunt, Farmfest + More
So much good is going on in Brookfield these days. There's a lot to celebrate, and the town wants you to have a day out with family and friends this weekend.
The colors of Fall have certainly started to burst, and while there's yet to be a chill in the air, it's still a fantastic time to get out and enjoy the towns and cities around our state.
Welcome to Brookfield Day, Oct. 14th, with special things and activities planned for around town:
- The Brookfield Craft Center located at 286 Whisconier Road is supporting the day by hosting a free open house from noon - 5 p.m. where you can watch demonstrations in fiber arts, metal, glass, wood, jewelry, ceramics and more, as well as viewing all six of the studios housed on this historic property.
- The Brookfield Library, 182 Whisconier Road, is heading up an Instagram Scavenger Hunt. You can register between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. at the library. The library is also having a family movie with free popcorn at 2 p.m.
- Travel up the road a bit to 184 Whiconier Road to the Brookfield Theater for the Arts, and bring the kids for a free theater workshop from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. ( open to children aged 10 to 15 )
- The Brookfield Conservation Commission presents the fifth annual Farmfest at the Gurski Homestead, located at 26 Obtuse Hill Road ( Rte. 133 ) from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. you can check out honeybee demonstrations, blacksmith demonstrations, tractors, firetrucks, food and baked goods, games, hiking trails and more.
- Don't forget to stop by the Brookfield Congregational Church on 160 Whisconier Road as they host events throughout the day, as well as their annual Yankee Fair and Barn Sale, with home goods, furniture, toys, food, music and more. The fair goes from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Now get outside and take in all that Brookfield has to offer.
Read More Recent Stories About Brookfield:
- Brookfield Police Department Swears In New Officer
- Brookfield PD Promotes Three Honorable Officers
- Brookfield's Town Center Streetscape Is Becoming a Dream-Come-True
- A Heartfelt Thanks to First Responders in Brookfield
- Brookfield Woman Caught Driving on 84 With LSD, Police Say
Making Thai Rolled Ice Cream at Ice Monster in Danbury
Meet Simba, a Hurricane Refugee Brought to New Milford: