Ridgefield Named One Of The Safest Places To Raise Kids
Every parent wants to live in a place where they feel their kids are safe, and if you live in Ridgefield you have the honor, for the second year in a row, to live in one of the safest towns in the country to raise your kids.
Ridgefield was one of only two Connecticut towns to actually make the National Top 50 Safest Places to Raise Your Kids list.
The rankings, published by SafeWise, uses eight metrics: violent crimes, Amber Alerts, sex offenders, child abuse, school quality, pedestrian deaths, walk ability score, and state free-range parenting legislation to formulate its rankings.
According to patch.com, Ridgefield placed 37th on this years list, and was also in the Top 50 last year as well. The only other Connecticut town to make this years list was Greenwich, which also make the list last year too.
Here's some interesting stats about this years list:
- Only two cities from last years list made the list again, Ridgefield and Greenwich
- All the towns on the list come from just 10 states, that's only 20% of the country
- Last year Connecticut had the largest number of towns on the list, this year Wisconsin has that honor with 32% of the safest towns
- All of the safest towns are in regions with snow
Ridgefield got an overall safety score of 79.96, Greenwich got an overall score of 85.44, compared to Easton, Maryland which topped this years list with a total safety score of 89.45.
Here's a look at the the 2018 Top 12 Safest Towns list:
1. Easton, Maryland
2. Keene, New Hampshire
3. Takoma Park, Maryland
4. Havre de Grace, Maryland
5. Village of Shorewood, Wisconsin
6. Exeter, New Hampshire
7. Monroe, Wisonsin
8. Milfird, New Hampshire
9. Claremont, New Hampshire
10. Burlington, Wisconsin
11. Cedarburg, Wisconsin
12. Greenwich, Connecticut
Read more local stories:
- Beloved Danbury Chef Set to Open New Italian Eatery
- Did You Know These Movies Were Filmed in Connecticut?
- Where Is the Best Food in Danbury — The East Side or West Side?
Have You Tried Kenny's Cooler at Texas Roadhouse in Danbury? 👇
Get a Helping of 'Joe' — He's Our Pet of the Week: