Sandy Hook Reacts Strongly to Florida Shooting, Calls for Action
Sandy Hook families who lost loved ones on Dec.14, 2012 are reacting with anger and frustration.
The United States contains 5% of the world's population and now 31% of all public mass shootings according to an article on cnn.com. From an article on newstimes.com., this is a statement released today by Sandy Hook activists and family members who lost loved ones in the shootings in December of 2012:
We can no longer ignore this issue. It is not time to feel helpless or hopeless, it is time to speak out, take action, and protect our kids from senseless, preventable gun violence.
The Newtown Action Alliance told the NewsTimes:
Americans are 25 times more likely to be killed by guns than people from other industrialized nations. We should be embarrassed that we do nothing in this nation to protect our precious children from gun violence.
Let's face it, "thoughts and prayers" are not enough. The time has come to act. Contact your legislators and let them know how you feel. In Connecticut, your Congressional representatives are:
- James A. Himes - 4th District (202-225-5541)
- Elizabeth Esty - 5th District (202-225-4476)
- John Larson - 1st District (202-225-2265)
- Joe Courtney - 2nd District (202-225-2076)
- Rosa DeLauro - 3rd District (202-225-3661)
Read More Local Stories:
- Police: 5 Children Found in Danbury After Alleged Kidnapping by Relative
- Top 5 Artists That Made CT + NY Fall In Love With Country Music
- Stew Leonard's in Danbury Delivers Yet Another Monumental Treat
- What's Lurking at the Bottom of Candlewood Lake?
- Brookfield Home May Have Been a Stop on the Underground Railroad
How Do the People of New Milford React to Valentine's Day?
Mr. Morning's Mom Explains How to Add Us to Your Alexa Skills: