The Triumphant Return of the Bank Street Book Nook in New Milford
For a while, it looked like the Book Nook in New Milford would be closing for good, but one local resident stepped up and at the last minute, saved this long standing Bank Street landmark.
As we reported right here back in January, the Book Nook was in trouble and was set to close its doors forever, but Terry and her son Michael didn't want to see that happen. And so, a friendly, quaint store that has become known as a staple in the New Milford community was saved, and will celebrate its Grand Re-opening this coming Saturday, March 31. I got the chance to stop by the new and improved Book Nook, speak with the owner, and get the scoop on what's new. Watch:
Here are some of the highlights scheduled for this Saturday's Grand Re-opening:
- Store Hours - 10 AM until 6 PM
- Win Door Prizes
- Free Raffles
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Name Our Mascot Contest
- Book Signings by local authors
The Book Nook is located at 36C Bank Street in New Milford.
Read More Local Stories:
- Five Danbury Area Restaurant Dishes Perfect as Leftovers
- Vote for the Best Mascot: Dover, New Milford, New Fairfield, or Carmel
- Once Thriving Pleasure Beach Is Connecticut's Newest Ghost Town
- 5 Things That Will Make People in Greater Danbury Angry
Bonus Videos Featuring New Milford:
What Do Locks on Lovers Leap Bridge Mean?
New Milford's Hilarious Reactions to Valentine's Day: