Things You Can Get Away With During a Snowstorm That Are Otherwise Frowned Upon
We all know the negatives associated with a massive weather event, especially snowstorms. We have to shovel and plow. We have preparations, like buying enough food and rock salt. We have to plan ahead for any travel that we MUST do. It's a nightmare.
There are some things that we can get away with during a snowstorm that otherwise would be frowned upon. For instance, you can:
- Drink during the day -- Normally, this is a bad idea or one that will get you judgement like you read about. However, if you have nowhere to be and nothing else to do, you can put 'em back at 11 AM.
- Ditch your diet -- Snowstorms are the perfect time to throw dietary caution to the wind. This is a time to eat all the fattening foods you always crave.
- Blow off work -- This does not work for me, but many people can call in and say, "It's just too dangerous to drive."
- Watch TV all day -- Snowstorms are not usually days when you tackle home improvement projects so you park it in front of the TV. You could burn through a whole season of Shameless during a storm.
If you are one of the lucky ones who does not have to be at work tomorrow, take advantage of it. Grab yourself some booze, the remote, and your favorite fatty food, and hunker down.
Read More Stories:
- Danbury Police: 3 Arrested in Association With String of Armed Robberies
- Things You Can Get Away With During a Snowstorm That Are Otherwise Frowned Upon
- Vacationing CT Family Comes Home to a Frozen House
- Danbury's Role in the 'Separation of Church and State'
The Snow's Here, Are Your Bracing or Hunkering? Here's What New Milford Does:
Linda G's Video Explains What Happens at the Radio Station During a Blizzard
Pie Face Friday in the March Snow!