Your Commute is Getting Worse (Like you didn’t know)
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, it did. . According to a new study released by data firm INRIX, Fairfield County’s traffic got even more congested in 2013, and drivers wasted more time in traffic than ever before.
Drivers in the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk MSA, which comprises all of Fairfield County, spent 42.1 hours in traffic congestion in 2013. This is an increase over the 38.6 hours commuters spent in traffic in 2012. INRIX identified the worst traffic corridors in each area. In Fairfield County, the worse traffic can be found:
- On Interstate 95 North from Exit 3 to Exit 21
- On Interstate 95 South from Exit 27 to Exit 22
- On Interstate 95 South from Exit 19 to Exit 13
- On the Merritt Parkway North from Exit 34 to Exit 42
- On the Merritt Parkway South from Exit 47 to Exit 41
In New Haven drivers wasted 19.5 hours in congestion in 2013.
Drivers in the Big Apple spent 52.9 hours in congestion in 2013.
Take out Kicks Traffic survey and compare your times with these recent stats: