Blood Needed In Greater Danbury, Here’s Where You Can Donate
It may seem like a Halloween Headline, but blood supplies are running low in the area, and the Red Cross is setting up locations in Greater Danbury where you can donate blood over the next few weeks.
Normally this is the time of year when blood supplies start to run low, but this year supplies are extra low, and donations are critical because of the upcoming flu season.
Of course all blood types are needed, but there's an extra need this year for type O. According to newstimes.com, and the Red Cross, the recent hurricanes in the south caused the cancellation over 200 blood drives, which meant that some 7000 units of blood went uncollected.
Here's the local places set up by the Red Cross where you can donate blood over the next few weeks:
- Friday November 2nd from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Walnut Hill Community Church in Bethel.
- Tuesday November 6th from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Newtown Congregational Church, as well as 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Ridgefield Park & Recreation Center.
- Monday November 12th from 12:15 to 6 p.m. at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury.
- Wednesday November 14th from 7:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Bethel High School
Read more local stories:
- The Greater Danbury Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2018
- An Interactive Map of Connecticut's Most Haunted Places
- Why Are There So Many Dead Squirrels On Connecticut Roads?
- Watch Elan's In Danbury Being Torn Down [VIDEO]
How to Capture Monsters With the KICKS Halloween Scavenger Hunt:
Is the Saltine Cracker Challenge Possible?