Connecticut Child Injured by Metal Concealed in Halloween Candy
It seems as though life gets crazier and more dangerous every day. When my kids were young, I remember pouring out all of their Halloween candy onto the living room floor and inspecting every wrapper to make sure it was safe for my little goblins.
NBCconnecticut.com reports that Groton Police received a call at 10:00 pm last night (October 31) from the mother of a 1-year-old child. She told police that baby's finger was cut. Police discovered a small piece of metal hidden inside the wrapper of a fun-size Snickers bar.
So far, it seems as though that was the only tainted Halloween treat reported. The child's finger did not require stitches, but the injury did require surgical glue to repair.
Police are urging parents to check each piece of Halloween candy very closely. If you do find anything among any treats your children may have brought home, contact police immediately.
Check Out Some of Our Local Video Content by Subscribing to Our YouTube Channel.
Is Hearthstone Castle in Danbury REALLY Haunted?