Cooling Stations in Greater Danbury Help Beat Excessive Weekend Heat
Excessive heat is accompanied by nasty air quality that for some make it difficult to breathe. The following are some locations where you can cool down thanks to the NewsTimes.
- An air-conditioned Hart Bus will be parked on Main St. in Danbury from 1 to 5 p.m. and possibly even later on Friday and Saturday.
- The Brookfield Library is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday for a cool-down breather.
New Milford -
- NM's cooling center is located at 25 Church St. and is open on Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 8 p.m.
- The Bethel Public Library at 189 Greenwood Ave. offers cool down relief from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. this Friday and Saturday.
- The Redding Community Center is air-conditioned and open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. The Mark Twain Library is also opened for cooldowns from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. this Friday and Saturday
- Newtown's Municipal Center is opened from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m on Friday. The Cyrenius Booth Library is open from 11 a.m. through 5 p.m. on Friday and 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
- Sherman's Senior Center is open to cool off on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
New Fairfield -
- The New Fairfield Library will be open for cooling from 1 p.m. on Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. The Senior Center will be open from noon until 5 p.m. on Sunday.
If you have trouble breathing, stay inside where there's air conditioning and keep in mind there is an Excessive Heat Alert and Air Quality Alert for the entire weekend. Be safe and stay hydrated.