Danbury Fair and Other Connecticut Malls to Open May 20
As the re-opening process starts to gear up here in Connecticut, some of the malls in the state are also preparing to open, but with a ton of safety precautions.
It was just announced this week that a number of the malls in the state will join the official business re-opening on May 20. This will include the Danbury Fair Mall, which is now getting things ready to insure customer safety.
Since mid-March, malls throughout the state were ordered to shut down in an attempt to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Now, in order to make their customers feel more comfortable, and according to a news release by Westfield, the company that operates malls in Meriden and Trumbull, the malls will institute required health and safety measures and provide new services and amenities to address customer concerns.
Here are some of the changes that are being implemented:
Some will operate with modified hours — Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
According to westfieldonline.com, here are some of the other safety measure that you may notice:
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting during regular hours and even after closing, with a focus on high traffic areas and high-touch surfaces.
- All patrons and all employees are to wear masks.
- Posted signs and decals to help keep customers aware of social distancing.
- Extra hand sanitizer stations located throughout the mall.
- Closure of play areas.
- Turning off all drinking fountains.
- Allowing greater social distancing room by removing furniture and resetting seating in common areas and in the food courts.
- Removing all trays from food courts.
- Allow for mall walking time an hour before opening starting at 10 am.
- Mall operators will be monitoring and controlling the number of customers who are entering at any given time.
Now, these safety measures are part of the basic criteria for re-opening, individual malls may have additional added safety measures at their site.
It may be a whole new shopping experience for you, but then again, it's a whole new world since the last time you shopped there.
Along with Danbury Fair, malls in Trumbull, Meriden and Stamford will also re-open on May 20. The Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury and the SoNo Mall in Norwalk are also getting ready to re-open, although no official announcements have been made yet.