Danbury PD + Department of Labor Close Three Area Restaurants
Acting on complaints from local citizens, Danbury Police say that they coordinated with the Connecticut Liquor Control Unit and the Department of Labor to inspect several area businesses.
The suspected infractions included businesses intentionally violated state liquor laws such as selling alcohol to minors, allowing underage patrons, and violating state smoking laws. Inspections conducted last week found the violations at the following establishments:
- Casa Do Benfica, 28 Federal Road - violations related to the use of a guest book and other club transgressions. Labor issues forced The CT Department of Labor to close Casa Do Benfica.
- El Questzal Cafe, 10 Wildman Street - drink restriction and fire safety infractions, but this establishment remains open for business.
- Melenio's, 21 North Street - smoking and conduct violations and minors loitering within the establishment. Concerns reported to The CT Department of Labor has forced Casa Do Benfica to close until regulations are followed.
- Culla, 68 Keller Street - smoking, drink restriction and conduct problems. The CT Department of Labor also forced Culla to close.
The following establishments were investigated and found to have no violations:
- Bambu, 39 Lake Avenue Extension
- Stanziato's Wood Fired Pizza, 35 Lake Avenue Extension
- Zona Azul, 103 Rail Road Place
Read More Local Stories: