Danbury Retailers Who Are Actually Closing on Thanksgiving
Believe it or not, there are some Danbury stores that are actually giving their employees a chance to be with their families on Thanksgiving Day.
According to businessinsider.com., there are retail outlets all over the country that are intentionally closing their stores on Thanksgiving. The plus is that their employees can spend the holiday with friends and family. The negative is shutting down the hundreds of thousands of dollars in holiday profits. Even the Mall of America will be closed on Thanksgiving!
According to bfads.net., here are the following retail stores that will be closed in the Greater Danbury Area.
- Barnes & Noble (Danbury Square - 15 Backus Ave, Danbury)
- Bed, Bath & Beyond - Select Locations (13 Sugar Hollow Road, Danbury)
- BJ's Wholesale Club (106 Federal Road, Brookfield)
- Christmas Tree Shops - Select Locations (Danbury Square, 15 Backus Avenue)
- Costco (200 Federal Road, Brookfield)
- Guitar Center (Danbury Square, 15 Backus Avenue)
- Home Depot (114 Federal Road, Danbury)
- HomeGoods (67 Newtown Road, Danbury)
- Lowes (67 Eagle Road, Danbury)
- Marshalls (Berkshire Shopping Plaza - 79 Newtown Road, Danbury)
- P.C Richard & Son (110 Federal Road, Danbury)
- Petco (169 Danbury Road, New Milford)
- Pier 1 Imports (1 Sugar Hollow Road, Danbury)
- Staples (67 Newtown Road, Danbury) - (113 Mill Plain Road, Danbury) - (122 Danbury Road, New Milford)
- T.J. Maxx (14 Candlewood Lake Road, Danbury) - (124 Danbury Road, New Milford)
After searching many websites, it appears those stores closing on Thanksgiving will be OPEN for business bright and early on Black Friday.
Personally, I'm not that guy who enjoys being shoulder to shoulder with thousands of other shoppers on Thanksgiving or Black Friday -- even with amazing bargains on the line. I don't need a 45-year-old woman screaming at me while she rips a Dyson Big Ball Animal Vacumn out of my hands, but that's just me. Have at it, and be careful out there.