Easter Can Be Deadly for Pets
Easter can be toxic to your pet. While Easter baskets can be filled with a lot of joy (jelly beans = joy) there are a lot of Pascal goodies that can be deadly to your pet. Here are some tips to keep your pet healthy while the bunny is handing out eggs.
While you probably know that chocolate is not good for your dog, did you know that the darker the chocolate, the more lethal it is? If you're planning to make some Easter goodies this weekend, please make sure that your bakers chocolate is nowhere near your pooch. A cat, on the other paw, will look at chocolate, sniff it and then look at you as if to say, "Really? You couldn't spring for the good stuff?"
Easter plants are also a no-no. An Easter Lily can send a cat into kidney failure within a few hours, and there really is no antidote. Any type of Lily should never be brought into your home if you have a pet. While some types of lilies are not as toxic, why take a chance? In fact, there are many plants that are quite toxic to animals. Before you bring a plant into your home, make sure it is safe for your furbaby.
One more thing that you may not have thought about, but can be quite lethal to your pets, is the grass inside those beautiful Easter baskets. The grass, especially the plastic grass, can be a death-sentence to your pet if ingested. Just like the tinsel on a Christmas tree, if swallowed, can cause severe intestinal issues.
These are just a few things to think about as you hippity-hoppity down your bunny trail with your furry children this weekend. Happy Easter!