Frankie’s Diner Headed to Vacant Building on Federal Road
"I'll have two eggs over easy with sausage and home fries, a short stack of pancakes and a side order of bacon, please."
It's official, there's a new eatery called 'Frankie's Diner' coming to Brookfield where 'Five Guys' used to be located at 121 Federal Road. I've scoured the internet looking for more information but without success, so I've got a couple of questions.
- Does the new 'Frankie's Diner' in Brookfield have anything to do with the legendary 'Frankie's Diner' in Bridgeport?
- Will the sausages be links or patties?
- Will this new eatery offer 'Early Bird Specials'?
- Will the new 'Frankie's Diner' offer Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard?
Five Guys' took over the 121 Federal Rd. location in 2007, the Red Colony Diner was a favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner destination for many throughout greater Danbury.
Personally, I have a soft spot in my heart for the 'Red Colony.' When I took the job here at the radio station back in 1979, I left Mindy behind to tie up loose ends and to rent our apartment in Rochester, NY. Believe it or not, my first 'home' in Connecticut was the transmitter site up on Carmen Hill Road in Brookfield.
There was a sketchy apartment that was a part of the transmitter building back in 1979. It came complete with a fold out bed with a lumpy mattress and a skeevy shower. Every evening before I went on the air for my 6 p.m. to 12-midnight air shift, I would stop into the Red Colony Diner for dinner. My favorites included their meatloaf and hot open-faced turkey sandwich. I loved that diner!
Read more local stories:
- The Greater Danbury Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2018
- An Interactive Map of Connecticut's Most Haunted Places
- Why Are There So Many Dead Squirrels On Connecticut Roads?
- Watch Elan's In Danbury Being Torn Down [VIDEO]
Linda G. Preps for Jessica Lynn's Country Halloween at Daryl's House
How to Capture Monsters With the KICKS Halloween Scavenger Hunt: