Cheap and Thoughtful Christmas Gift Suggestions for the Significant Other
How can adults "gift" one another without a lot of cost? It's simple, we need to ask questions.
We need to ask questions we should already know the answers to. We need to ask our lover, "what do you really want from me?" My wife would say, "Stop being annoying." Since that is impossible, my road to happiness will be harder than yours. You, however, can start that way and it will lead somewhere productive.
What you will end up learning, in most cases, is there is probably an answer that requires little to no money. So here are a few ideas:
- Naked people stuff - 'nuff said.
- Food items - If you know your significant other really well, you probably can rattle off three foods right now that they love.
- Laughs - My wife once screamed "FIRE!" at a party. There was no fire, I enjoyed it immensely, I talk about it all the time. I wish she would do it again.
- A week of undesirable tasks - You offer to take on a chore that they typically do for a week. This needs to be something they hate. The next week will suck, and you will have a deeper appreciation for them.
- Rub something - Adults get sore everywhere. You can't do a 10-minute back rub, though. You need to give the full hour.
- Set up a "girls" or "guys" night - Your significant other misses their friend or friends. Because you are both busy, you likely don't get chances to hang with your friends. Not only can you free them up for a night, but you can make the call to said "friend" or friends" and get it planned.
- Socks - Everyone needs them, new socks rule. It's not a sexy, extravagant gift, but the next time they cover their aching feet, they will think of you.
These are just a few of my suggestions. I am going to try at least one of them myself. Before I go, let me say one important thing. If you are going to give them a homemade coupon book, honor the coupons. Like maybe your coupons say, "Exchange this coupon and I'll do the dishes." Another one can say, "Exchange this coupon and I'll do ______ naked people thing." Those are cool. Those are great, but expect them to try and cash it in when you least expect it and honor it. I got one of those coupon books and got burned. Anyone can write these coupon books up, but the awesome people honor them. Just the wise philosopher Jerry said:
You see, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation, and that's really the most important part, the holding. Anybody can just take 'em.
Read More Stories:
- Cars Stolen in Newtown Lead to Arrest of Two Local Teens
- Fatal Crash Update: Brookfield PD Provides Description of Vehicle
- Danbury Police: Missing Woman's Car Found at Diner in Patterson
- Danbury Police + Dept. of Labor Close Three Area Businesses
- Danbury Residents to Show Appreciation at Veteran's Day Ceremony
How to Get Your Hands on Mr. Morning's Money: