Newtown’s Ferris Acres Creamery Named CT’s Best Ice Cream, Again
According to The Daily Voice, Ferris Acres Creamery has just been ranked CT's best ice cream, again. This time the honor was given to them by Travel & Leisure who came to this conclusion by reviewing Yelp reviews.
Ferris Acres is very familiar with the winner's circle:
- In 2017, they were named CT's best Ice Cream by Thrillist.
- In 2017, Connecticut Magazine called Ferris Acres the best ice cream in the Nutmeg State.
- In 2018, Connecticut Magazine again gave Ferris the top spot in their category.
The list of honors go on for days. For Ferris Acres Creamery, winning is just what they do. It seems they've established a winning culture over there. That's important for any great team, culture is everything. Do you want to have a losers mentality like the Mets' organization or would you rather strut your stuff like a peacock in pinstripes? You know the answer.
Ferris fans know that their menu is extensive and that there is not a deadbeat in the bunch. Here are my favorites:
- The Bada Bing - Chocolate almond ice cream with dark chocolate chunks and Bing Cherries (I'm not a chocolate guy, but the name, c'mon!)
- Butter Pecan - A butter pecan flavored ice cream, we alternate this flavor daily with Maple Walnut
- Cake Batter - Your favorite part of the cake, with rainbow sprinkles
- The Campfire - Vanilla ice cream with fudge swirls, graham cracker pieces, and mini marshmallows
- Cow Trax - Vanilla ice cream with swirls of peanut butter and caramel, with mini chocolate chips
- Dulce Delicious - Caramel ice cream with caramel swirls (This is my King of Kings)
- Parent Trap - Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter swirls and peanut butter Oreos
If you've never been, it's time to make the trip. You can visit Ferris Acres Creamery at 144 Sugar Street, Newtown, CT. That's not a joke, they are on Sugar Street.