Putnam Valley Boy Killed During Storm
Putnam County Sheriff Robert Langley Jr. issued a statement today announcing the death of an 11-year-old Putnam Valley boy. The death was caused when a tree crashed into his house on Dunderberg Road in Putnam Valley at approximately 12:15 pm.
A responding deputy was unable to free the child. Additional deputies joined with Putnam Valley firefighters in unsuccessful attempts to save the boy's life.
The child who had been home from school with his mother was pronounced dead at the scene by EmStar medics at 12:50 pm. His mother was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Read More Local Stories:
- The 10 Commandments for Driving on I-684
- New Milford Police: High School Student Arrested After Weapon Claims
- Police: New Milford Student Arrested After Fires Set in High School
- 5 Things Everyone From Danbury Already Knows
- Looking Back at the History of Some of CT's Monumental Storms
Are You Smarter Than a Danbury Girl Scout? Find Out:
"Mama Morning" Explains How to Listen to KICKS 105.5 on Alexa: