Today Is #National Cheese Pizza Day, Got A Favorite Pizza Place?
Pizza lovers rejoice cause it's your day. Today is National Cheese Pizza Day and we want to know where you find the best cheese pizza in the area.
Forget Christmas, forget birthdays, forget Halloween, forget National Kitten Day and the Fourth of July, National Cheese Pizza Day is the best holiday of all time. Today Wednesday, September 5, cheese pizza is what's for dinner, and breakfast, and maybe lunch too.
Here are some interesting facts from nationaldaycalender.com on one of America's most loved foods.
- It's believed that in ancient Greece, the Greeks covered their bread with oils, herbs and cheese which some believe is the beginning of the “pizza”.
- In Byzantine Greek, the word for pizza is pita, meaning pie.
- One of the earliest incarnation of the modern pizza was dough topped with cheese and honey, then flavored with bay leaves which was developed by the Romans.
- The actual first modern pizza had it’s beginning's in Italy as Neapolitan flatbread.
- The first original pizza used only mozzarella cheese.
- It's estimated that the annual production of pizza cheese in the United States alone is over 2 billion pounds.
- The first United States pizza establishment opened in 1905 was in New York’s Little Italy.
So Happy National Cheese Pizza Day, and share below in the comments section, or on our Facebook page where your favorite place to have that cheese pizza is.
Read more local stories:
- Danbury Has 6 People Who Have Disappeared Without a Trace
- Bethel Woman Hits Powerball From Greenwood Ave. Car Wash
- Why Is This Neat CT Neighborhood with Dozens of Homes Abandoned?
Have You Tried Kenny's Cooler at Texas Roadhouse in Danbury? 👇
Snitchy Is Our Latest Pet of the Week: