Two CT Cities Rank Near the Bottom for ‘Most Fun Cities’ But I Beg to Differ
In my opinion, these two cities in Connecticut get a bad rap.
Out of 182 United States cities, New Haven and Bridgeport have been ranked near the bottom of the pile in wallethub.com's new survey of the '2019's Most Fun Cities in America' but I'm not buying it for one minute.
I understand that neither is considered a 'destination city' like New York City or Boston but both offer great restaurants, sporting events, and live music. Let's begin with New Haven. Can you say, PIZZA? New Haven is legendary for their thin crust pizza with 'Modern Apizza' named #3 pizzeria in the nation according to a recent CNN poll. Let's talk delicious craft beer. At last count, I found eight brewpubs to choose from in New Haven and some of them offer food trucks and/or live music.
Here are some other reasons why New Haven should not be near the bottom of 'The Most Fun Cities' list.
- Yale University
- The legendary, 'Louis' Lunch' where the hamburger was invented back in 1900 by Louis Lassen
- Great live music at 'Toad's Place,' and the 'College Street Music Hall."
- The Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park
- The Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
The city in Connecticut that's always getting unjustly slapped around is Bridgeport, and again, I disagree with wallethub.com's findings. There's a variety of fun things to do in Bridgeport.
- Catch the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers at the Webster Bank Arena
- Shop the historic Harborview Market which is part of the Black Rock Neighborhood.
- Take the kids to the only zoo in Connecticut, the Beardsley Zoo.
- Enjoy the 325 acres of coastline at Seaside Park.
- Enjoy the restaurants and bars at Captain's Cove Seaport.