Uncle Sam Statue from the Old Danbury Fair Could Be Coming Home
The Uncle Sam Statue stood 38-feet-tall and welcomed fairgoers to the Great Danbury State Fair from 1971 to 1981. Could it be coming home?
The possibility of the 38-foot tall statue returning to Danbury came directly from Mayor Mark himself when he made the announcement on the Ethan and Lou Morning Show last week. After the Great Danbury State Fair was closed down in 1981 to make way for the Danbury Fair Mall, "Uncle Sam" was purchased by the Magic Forest Amusement Park in Lake George, NY, where it stands in their parking lot to this day.
Mayor Mark made it clear it's not a done deal yet, but to start thinking about where that classic Uncle Sam Statue should rest once it comes back home. Where do you think it should stand?
Read more local stories:
- Win UpTo $5K or See Dierks Bentley in Los Angeles
- [TIMELINE] 5 Tornadoes, 3 Macrobursts Now Confirmed
- Community Rallies Around Family of Teacher Killed in New Fairfield
- Win a Rascal Flatts VIP Experience in Connecticut
- Danbury Teen Injured in Storm Receiving Lots of Local Love
Bonus: How to Win the Country Cash Up to $5K
Bonus: How to Win the Rascal Flatts VIP in CT Experience