‘US News & World Report’ Ranks the Best High Schools in Connecticut
Find out where does your high school rank?
As radio stations across the country crank up Alice Cooper's "Schools Out," U.S. News and World Reports has just released their rankings of the best high schools in the country and the best high schools in each state. Six different categories defined US News's high school rankings which were College Readiness, College Curriculum Breadth, Math and Reading Proficiency, Math and Reading Performance, Underserved Student Performance, and Graduation Rate, More than 17,000 high schools were ranked for this study.
Top 10 Ranked Connecticut High Schools
- Darien High School - National Ranking(150)
- Weston High School*** - NR(169)
- Achievement First Hartford Academy - NR(285)
- Ridgefield High School** - NR(317)
- Connecticut IB Academy-East Hartford - NR(321)
- New Canaan High School - NR(342)
- Staples High School - Westport - NR(361)
- Simsbury High School - NR(404)
- Wilton High School*** - NR(424)
- Academy of Aerospace and Engineering - Windsor - NR(435)
Other high schools that cracked the Top 50 in the greater Danbury area were Joel Barlow -Redding(18), Newtown(19), Pomperaug Regional in Southbury(32), Shepaug Valley in Washington(34), Brookfield(38), Bethel(45).
In the category, 'Metro Areas Across the Country That Boast the Best Public High Schools in the U.S.' Included in the Top 20 were both Hartford and Bridgeport Connecticut. To check out all the data and rankings from colleges to grad schools to high schools, click on usnews.com/education.