Candlewood Shores Water Main Break in Brookfield
To Brookfield residents, the term, "When it rains, it pours," carries a whole new meaning now. The last thing that they needed was a water main break but that is exactly what happened over the Memorial Day weekend.
Brookfield Volunteer Fire Department Candlewood Company reported on their Facebook page yesterday that there was a water main break in the Candlewood Shores Community. Firefighters were dispatched and were able to shut off the main water supply in order to find exactly where the leak was coming from. Residents lost water pressure for a few hours while break was being located and repaired but thankfully, News12.com reports that break is now fixed and water has been restored.
It was just two weeks ago when a macroburst hit the town and caused extensive damage and major power outages. It has certainly been a rough month for Brookfield and the surrounding areas. Let's hope that June brings a lot of warm, sunny and drama-free days.
Read more local stories:
- Win UpTo $5K or See Dierks Bentley in Los Angeles
- [TIMELINE] 5 Tornadoes, 3 Macrobursts Now Confirmed
- Community Rallies Around Family of Teacher Killed in New Fairfield
- Win a Rascal Flatts VIP Experience in Connecticut
- Danbury Teen Injured in Storm Receiving Lots of Local Love
Bonus: How to Win the Country Cash Up to $5K
Bonus: How to Win the Rascal Flatts VIP in CT Experience