Weird Excuses People in Connecticut and New York Have Used for Being Late for Work
It happens once in a while to everyone -- you're late for work. Now, you're going to need a good excuse, so we asked our listeners for some of the weirdest they've used or heard.
Now, you could be honest and tell your boss one of the most common excuses like, "I got stuck in traffic" or "I overslept", but sometimes, being late calls for something more drastic.
According to prnewswire.com and a new Career Builder survey, 29% of us are late at least once a month, 16% are late at least once a week, 41% of employers have fired someone for it , 33% say it's fine, as long as it doesn't become a pattern, and 16% don't care, as long as the person gets all their work done.
With that being said, here are some of the weirdest excuses from the Career Builder survey:
- I was going to quit, but then I decided not to.
- My blow dryer set my hair on fire.
- I was detained by Homeland Security.
- A black bear was sleeping on the hood of my car.
- A new store had its grand opening, and I wanted to take advantage of the sales.
- I forgot it wasn't the weekend
- My Mother-in-Law wouldn't stop talking
Suzy and I both needed some new excuses, so we asked our Kicks listeners, people in Connecticut and New York, for weird excuses they either heard or used first hand.