Connecticut Woman Threw Hatchet During Domestic Dispute, Police Say
A Connecticut woman is facing multiple felonies following a domestic dispute.
On March 30, 2018, at approximately 9:30 p.m. police responded to a residence in the Town of North Salem for a report of a domestic dispute.
An investigation determined that the domestic dispute started on State Route 116 at 4:30 p.m. when Debbie P. Coller, age 41, of Stamford, CT allegedly rammed the victim's vehicle several times with her own vehicle.
Coller then allegedly forced her way into the victim's residence and threw several items at them, including a hatchet. She also caused damage to property inside the residence.
Coller then attempted to prevent the victim from calling 911 for help during the incident. She was arrested and charged with the following:
- Burglary - first-degree (class b felony)
- Assault - second-degree (class D felony)
- Reckless endangerment - first-degree (class D felony)
- Criminal mischief - second-degree (class D felony)
- Two counts criminal possession of a weapon - fourth-degree
- Menacing - second-degree
- Criminal mischief - fourth-degree Preventing an Emergency Call
Coller was arraigned and remanded to Westchester County Jail in lieu of $70,000 bail. She was scheduled to return to court on April 2.
On April 2, 2018, the victim reported to State Police that Coller had contacted him several times following her arraignment in violation of the order of protection.
Coller appeared in court for a proceeding on April 2 and was taken into custody for an additional charge of criminal contempt first-degree. She was arraigned later that day and remanded to Westchester County Jail.
She is scheduled to return to court this week.
Read More Local Stories:
- Your Chance To Win Up To $5,000 or see Jason Aldean in NYC is Here
- Once Thriving Pleasure Beach Is Connecticut's Newest Ghost Town
- 5 Things That Will Make People in Greater Danbury Angry
- Dover Dragons 3-Peat, Top Carmel Rams For Mascot Madness Crown
Abby the Chocolate Lab Will Take Your Breath Away
How to Turn On KICKS 105.5 Mobile App Alerts