5 Names For Connecticut’s Potential Future XFL Team
It was terrible the first time around, so let's do it again! Vince McMahon announced yesterday that the XFL will return in 2020, according to CBS Sports and the WORLD. Vince says they will have an 8-team league, a 10-game season and a final four playoff structure.
The 8 cities that will get XFL teams are NOT set yet. The WWE owner said any potential XFL host cities have not been chosen and are "a ways away," and that "every city is on our radar." So your sayin' there's a chance? That's right, Connecticut residents, we could have our very own XFL team. What are some possible names? Here is my short list:
5. The Connecticut Bridges - You want 'em? We got 'em! Throw a bridge on the helmet, and call it a day.
4. The Connecticut Whalers - Since NO ONE in CT can let the Whalers go as an idea, let's pour all of that negative energy into a franchise that will be finished soon after the kickoff of the first game.
3. The Connecticut Superficial - The rest of the country thinks we are superficial, and for good reason. Let's just embrace it and move on.
2. The Connecticut Potholes - We have a metric "F" ton of them. Let's own who and what we are.
1. The Connecticut Cracker Barrels - Self explanatory. Plus, think of the sponsorship opportunities.
What do you think our XFL team should be called? Also, do you think they'd play at Rentschler field or elsewhere? GO!
Read More Local Stories:
- 2018 GRAMMY Awards Predictions: Who Takes the Country Categories?
- Toys 'R' Us Is Closing 4 Stores in Connecticut — Is Danbury Safe?
- Connecticut's Top 5 Bartenders of 2017
- New Fairfield Man Facing Second Deportation Fears for His Life
2018 GRAMMY Awards: Country Category Predictions By Us
Mr. Morning's Hip Hop Ode to the Ice Jam on the Housatonic River: