Disabled Driver Found With Stolen Gun on I-84 in Brewster, Police Say
Police stopped to help a disabled driver on I-84 and allege the driver was found with a stolen gun and weed.
On Saturday around 11:30 p.m., New York State Police from the Brewster barracks helped a disabled driver on Interstate 84. While speaking with the driver, 61-year-old Richard P. Kaley of New Hampshire, police allege an odor of marijuana was detected.
Further investigation discovered approximately eight grams of marijuana, and a loaded pistol that had been reported stolen in Ohio, police say.
Kaley was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of stolen property, criminal possession of a firearm, all felonies, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
Kaley was arraigned before the town of Kent Court and remanded to Putnam County Jail in lieu of $1,500 cash bail or $3,000 bond.
Read more local stories:
- Win UpTo $5K or See Dierks Bentley in Los Angeles
- [TIMELINE] 5 Tornadoes, 3 Macrobursts Now Confirmed
- Community Rallies Around Family of Teacher Killed in New Fairfield
- Win a Rascal Flatts VIP Experience in Connecticut
- Danbury Teen Injured in Storm Receiving Lots of Local Love
Bonus: How to Win the Country Cash Up to $5K
Bonus: How to Win the Rascal Flatts VIP in CT Experience